Our progress to net zero
The journey so far
A committed group of people and organisations is working to create a climate and ecological action plan to get Herefordshire to net zero by 2030. We've carried out background work to map out the issues and identify what's needed.
We'd like to hear what you think about the priorities and actions. Please let us know.
In early 2021 we'll publish the action plan and set up a new governance structure to oversee delivery of the plan. The plan will be a live, iterative document and there will be lots of opportunities to contribute to its development over the coming years.
The story so far:
- March 2019 - Herefordshire Council unanimously passed a climate emergency motion
- December 2019 - steering group formed
- March to September 2020 - steering group undertaking background research
- October to December 2020 - consultation with key stakeholders
- Early 2021 - launch of the climate and ecological action plan and new governance structure