Join a led ride
Join our FREE led rides and cycling activities which run throughout the year. Our rides provide great social opportunities to get out, take exercise and discover your local area by bike. We have cycle rides and activities for all ages and abilities to enjoy.
- All our rides are free and led by our friendly and professional cycle trainers or Community Bike Ambassadors (CBAs)
- No need to book, just turn up on the day
- If you need a bike for the ride you can borrow one free of charge, just turn up 15 minutes before the ride starts so we can size you up with an appropriate bike
- If you haven't ridden for a while, or are totally new to cycling, the team has everything you need to help make it as easy as possible to get on a bike
- If you want to join a ride but don't feel confident getting to the start point we can pick you up from your home or workplace before the ride
- Any queries or special requirements for the ride please let us know at email@example.com or call 01432 260068 and we will do our best to cater for your needs
All our rides start and finish at the Bike Hire Cabin (tennis courts), Bishops Meadow, Hereford.
Saturday family cycle rides
- Date and time: First and second Saturday of each month, 11.30am to 1pm
- Details: A gentle, easy family cycle ride (up to 6 miles) along cycle lanes. All welcome - parents, children and trailers
Cycle for health rides
- Date and time: Third Wednesday of each month, 5.30pm to 6.30pm
- Details: Improve your health and fitness with a ride open to all after work. The ride is at a gentle pace (6-10 miles)
Led rides for women (Move it Mondays)
- Dates and times: Fourth Monday of each month, 11,30am to 12.15pm and 5.30pm to 6.30pm
- Details: Friendly and easy going led rides for women only. Both afternoon and evening rides last approximately 1 hour. We go at the pace of slowest rider and never leave anyone behind. Both rides are on cycle paths and traffic-free, quiet roads around Hereford. Come along and gain confidence on your bike and make new friends
Led rides for women (Friday Freewheelers)
- Date and time: Every Friday, 11.30am to 12.15pm
- Details: Friendly and easy going led ride for women only. We ride on cycle paths and traffic-free, quiet roads around Hereford. We go at the pace of slowest rider and never leave anyone behind. All rides end with coffee and a chat at a local café
No bicycle? No problem!
We have a variety of different sized and shaped bikes you can borrow for free for 6 months - find out more about borrowing a bike.
Free cycle lessons
If you're not quite ready to join a led ride but want to start riding a bike then feel free to join one of our free cycle lessons:
- One-to-one lessons with fully qualified trainers
- Learn on your local routes and quiet roads
- Pick up from your door
- All ability levels welcome, from complete beginners to experienced riders
For further information on led rides, extra events and cancellations: