Borrow a bike
Our Borrow a bike scheme is currently on pause due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Please see the Beryl Bikes page as an alternative until further notice.
Bikeright, Herefordshire Council's new cycling delivery partner, will soon be restarting long term bike loans to women living in Hereford city. Funded by the Department for Transport the aim of this scheme is to try and encourage more women to cycle to work, to school and for fun. The longer loan period should allow you enough time to try out cycling with a view to potentially buying a bike of your own.
We have a variety of different bikes you can borrow. If you have children we may also be able to supply you with a child seat or bike trailer.
- Everyone who borrows a bike must sign up to Bike Champions where you will hear about all the latest cycling news, offers, and to hear of any further events, free cycling schemes and initiatives the council will be running
- You must also attend two of our led rides which are suitable for all ages. Find details about our upcoming rides on our led ride page
For further information about bike loans:
- Have a look at the Bikeright website or contact Bikeright directly
- Follow Herefordshire Council on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Sign up to the Bike Champions newsletter