Walking for health and recreation is a popular pastime and an excellent way to appreciate the Herefordshire countryside. There are fifteen circular walks and a number of long distance routes within or passing through Herefordshire.
There are also various local groups and organisations who lead guided walks in the county including:
- Queenswood Country Park
- Herefordshire Archaeology
- Herefordshire Ornithological Club
- Herefordshire Mammal Group
- The Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Herefordshire Ramblers Association
These walks allow you to explore the county with the luxury of a knowledgeable and experienced guide. When you attend a guided walk please ensure you wear appropriate walking shoes and clothing and consider the weather conditions.