Resources to support pre-school behaviour management
All early years settings are teaching and learning environments and part of the role of the setting is to teach behaviour in the same way as any other aspects of learning and development.
To support you to do this there are training and resources available.
Training - 'Understanding and Managing Children's Behaviour in the Early Years.
We run regular training that will enable practitioners to:
- Put into practice the best strategies for promoting positive behaviour in their setting
- More effectively observe a child's behaviour
- Identify and respond to behaviour that may be a cause for concern
Find the date of our next training session on cpd-online, use 'behaviour ' as your keyword search
- Inclusion Development Programme - Supporting children with Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties - useful for practitioners working with children whose behaviour, emotional and social development is already causing concern
- Quality Circle Time - a whole-school approach to setting up and maintaining a positive school management system to promote positive behaviour and create a caring and respectful school ethos
- Behaviour - good practice audit tool - a checklist and plan to help you review current behaviour and identify areas for improvement
- Managing feelings and behaviour
- The Understanding Childhood website provides useful downloadable information leaflets for families and childcare professionals to help raise emotionally secure children.
Assessment tools - behaviour
- ABC behaviour observation record
- Behaviour assessment checklist for practitioners
- Behaviour observation record - target child / control child
- Behaviour Can Change programme - a seven step guide to changing behaviour