Transport for 16-19 year olds
We are able to provide transport assistance to some students attending college or sixth form (including The Barrs Court Hub and years 12,13 and 14 at Westfield school). You will have to make a contribution towards the cost of transport, but can apply for this support if:
- You go on to full-time education after you leave school in year eleven
- You're under 19 years old at the beginning of the academic year
- You live more than three miles from your place of study
- You live at an address that pays Council Tax to Herefordshire Council
- You are studying a full-time course (more than 15 hours a week) in Herefordshire, unless you're studying outside the county because your course is unavailable in Herefordshire
You can find information on bus routes on our bus services page. Students attending their local school sixth form will be allocated a space on existing school transport. On the majority of routes, a bus or rail travel permit will allow you to travel at any time during the day before 6pm Monday to Friday, term-time only.
You can apply online even before you have been accepted into college and will be refunded the payment before term commences, if you are not successful. Please note you must allow up to 28 days for the provision of a travel pass and we are unable to refund travel expenses incurred while travelling without a pass.
The closing dates for applications for train passes are:
- Autumn term train pass - 13 September 2019
- Spring term train pass - 13 January 2020
- Summer term train pass - 20 April 2020