It is easy to use the library with your young child - and they are never too young to join!
Just ask at the library for a simple membership form to join, then you will be able to enjoy:
- Borrowing up to 12 books for three weeks at a time from our wide selection of picture and board books as well as story CDs and DVDs of their favourite characters
- Not having to pay any charges for returning books late, or replacement charges for any books that get lost or damaged
Bounce and Rhyme
Our popular Bounce and Rhyme sessions run in Hereford, Ross, Leominster and Bromyard libraries. These are lively sessions with rhymes, songs, and musical instruments. The sessions are free, and all little ones are welcome. It's a perfect way to introduce your baby to the love of books.
Special events may also run during school holidays - please check our what's on page for more details.
- Hereford Library 11.15am - 11.45am (term time only)
- Hereford Library 2.15pm - 2.45pm (term time only)
- Bromyard Library 10.30am - 11.15am. This event is run by the Hope Family Centre in conjunction with Herefordshire Libraries and Halo
- Leominster Library 11.15am - 11.45am
Bookstart is a national programme that encourages all parents and carers to enjoy books with children by giving them free books. Children can receive packs from birth and 3-4 years. Packs are now available at your local library too.
You'll need your child's red Health Check book to get your Bookstart pack.
When your child is 3 or 4 years old, you can get a pack from your child's nursery or preschool, or ask at your local library.
Bookstart baby pack contains:
- Two board books
- A nursery rhyme placemat
- Information to help develop your child's language skills and information about the library
The Bookstart Treasure gift for 3-4 year olds contains:
- A picture book
- A booklet with tips and ideas for reading together
For information on Bookstart and requests for dual language or special packs contact Julie Goodwin, the early years officer on 01432 260661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookstart Bear loves visiting children across the county, and especially joining in with their story times or bounce and rhyme sessions. He goes to nurseries and playgroups, libraries and children's centres.