Join the library and renew loans
You can join the library in any branch or by completing our online membership form. When you join online your joining pack, including your library card, will be posted out to you within a few days. As soon as you receive your card you will be able to borrow two books and use online resources and public computers.
For an upgrade to full membership, with access to all library services, call into a library with identification showing your name and current address. Your card lets you borrow items from and return them to any Herefordshire library and, if used regularly, it is valid for life.
Our collections include reference and lending books, talking books and DVDs, eBooks and eAudiobooks as well as maps, newspapers and other media.
Membership enables you to:
- Borrow up to 12 books for three weeks
- Borrow up to 12 talking books for three weeks
- Borrow up to 6 eBooks and 6 eAudiobooks for three weeks using the Borrowbox app
- Hire up to 6 DVDs
- Use our free computers and broadband internet access
- Use our free reservation for items in the Herefordshire library catalogue
- Use our self-service photocopying
- Make suggestions for stock by filling in a suggestion slip at your local library
- Make requests for titles not on the Herefordshire catalogue using our suggestion form or our inter library loans service
- Enjoy free access to our substantial online resources
Please note: not all services are available at all sites. For information on what is available at each library site use our library finder
You can return books to any Herefordshire library - it doesn't have to be the one you borrowed them from.
Renew your library loans
You can renew books in person, on the telephone or online provided they are not already reserved.
- If one of your books has been reserved by another reader you can renew for an additional 2 days to allow time to return the item before incurring any charges. The 2 day extension runs from the date you renew
- DVDs, games and talking books cannot be renewed online or over the telephone. Repeat hire charges are applicable for each subsequent loan period or part of a loan period, and are payable on return
Update your details
Please complete our update details form.