What we have for children in libraries
All our libraries have a special section for children where you can relax and enjoy looking for new books, DVDs and audio books. We have books for all ages and there are no charges for returning books late for children under 18. Look for your favourite author or find exciting facts in the information books. Why not take a closer look at what we have to offer?
All our libraries hold activities in the school holidays. Look out for the Summer Reading Challenge for 4-12 year olds every summer holiday.
Library holdings for children include:
- Picture books
- Easy stories for children beginning to read by themselves
- Stories for all ages
- Information books to help with your hobbies, projects and homework
- Reference books, for example, encyclopaedias and dictionaries which can only be used in the library
- Holiday activities and competitions
- Computers for internet access, email and homework
- Staff to help you