Religious community discount

You get money off your council tax bill if:

  • You live in a religious community (the principal occupation of which must consist of prayer, contemplation, education, the relief of suffering or any combination of these) and
  • You have no income or capital of your own (we will ignore any pension from a former job) and
  • You are dependent on the community for your material need and
  • Other criteria are met

Download a form to claim a discount for someone who lives in a religious community

You cannot get this discount if there are still two or more people in the household who are counted for Council Tax purposes.