Person in detention or prison discount

You get money off your Council Tax bill if:

  • You or someone you live with is detained in prison, hospital, an immigration centre or another similar place and
  • Certain other criteria are met and
  • Only one other person aged at least 18 lives in the property


  • Other people who live at the property are eligible for other discounts

Download a form to claim a discount for a person who is in detention