Change of name on the register

If you are already on the electoral register and have changed your name you will need to tell us so we can send you a change of name form for you to complete. You will need to provide evidence to support the change of name. The evidence you provide should show a clear link between the name under which you are currently registered and your new name.

You should provide a scanned copy of one of the following:

  • A marriage or civil partnership certificate
  • An overseas marriage or civil partnership certificate that has been deposited with the General Register Office for England and Wales, the General Register for Scotland or the General Register Office Northern Ireland
  • A deed poll
  • An amended birth certificate
  • Legal declaration or affidavit
  • Baptismal or confirmation certificate (for first names only)
  • Amended certificate of naturalisation or registration
  • Amended adoption order/certificate

Alternatively you can submit a new registration on Remember to include your previous name as well as your new name.

Electoral services contact details

Our opening times are: Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5.15pm, Friday 8.45am to 4.45pm

Address: Electoral Services, Town Hall, St Owen St, Hereford HR1 2PJ

Telephone: 01432 260107

Send Email