Change of name on the register
If you are already on the electoral register and have changed your name you will need to complete the relevant paperwork so we can amend your details. Download and complete a voter change of name form.
You will need to provide evidence to support the change of name. The evidence you provide should show a clear link between the name under which you are currently registered and your new name.
When you return your application, you should provide a copy of one of the following:
- A marriage or civil partnership certificate
- An overseas marriage or civil partnership certificate that has been deposited with the General Register Office for England and Wales, the General Register for Scotland or the General Register Office Northern Ireland
- A deed poll
- An amended birth certificate
- Legal declaration or affidavit
- Baptismal or confirmation certificate (for first names only)
- Amended certificate of naturalisation or registration
- Amended adoption order/certificate
Please do not send originals. You can return the paperwork to us by post using the address below, or email scanned copies to email@example.com.
If you have moved address you can submit a new registration in your new name on www.gov.uk/register-to-vote. Remember to include your previous name as well as your new name.
Electoral services contact details
Our opening times are: Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5.15pm, Friday 8.45am to 4.45pmAddress: Electoral Services, Town Hall, St Owen St, Hereford HR1 2PJ