Voting if you are in the armed forces

Service personnel and their husbands, wives or civil partners living in the UK may register to vote in the usual way, or make a Service Declaration.

You can register to vote online as a member of the armed forces.

The service declaration lets you register at the address where you would be living if you were not in the services, or at an address where you used to live.

Voters who make a service declaration can vote in person, by post, or proxy. If you are living abroad, there may not be enough time for a postal vote to reach you and be sent back before voting closes, so consider using a proxy.

Electoral services contact details

Our opening times are Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5.15pm, Friday 8.45am to 4.45pm

Address: Electoral Services Office, Blueschool House, Blueschool Street, Hereford HR1 2LX

Telephone: 01432 260107

Send Email