Annual Canvass 2020

Each year we write to every household to check whether we have the correct people registered to vote and to ask you to tell us of any changes. This year, as part of the Government's canvass reforms programme, we will be using data and electronic communication, such as email and text messaging, to make the process simpler.

This means you may receive a text, email or letter from us asking you to check who we have registered and tell us about any changes.

This year's canvass, which we have to carry out by law, is taking place during a challenging public health situation. We are working to ensure that we take account of public health guidelines, including the continued importance of social distancing. Please consider responding to the canvass online, by telephone or texting wherever possible.

How to respond

Full details will be provided on the communication sent to you so please follow this carefully - the easiest way to respond is online:

Complete your annual canvass response

If you have any questions or concerns call us on 01432 260107 or email