Home Point for care leavers
Home Point is the service in Herefordshire which manages housing allocations. When you and your personal advisor decide that the time is right for you to have your own tenancy you will be asked to register.
You may be offered a one bedroom flat or studio or a two bedroom flat or house. This could be on any floor, on estates or private roads, and you may or may not have a balcony or garden.
As a tenant it is your responsibility to:
- Pay your rent regularly and on time
- Make sure benefits are in place
- Notify your landlord immediately of any problems
- Be a good neighbour – no excessive loud noise, keep communal areas tidy, be considerate
- Make sure that your visitors are also considerate of your neighbours
- Follow the rules
- Allow your landlord to carry out gas and electrical safety checks
Contact the 16+ care leavers team
Your personal advisor will give you their phone number for you to contact them directly. If you need some urgent advice or support, please contact the 16+ duty worker using the details below.Address: 33-35, Union Street, Hereford HR1 2BT
Office open 8.45am to 5.15pm Monday to Thursday or 8.45am to 4.45pm on a Friday Send Email