Supported housing

Supported housing is where you have your own room but often share areas like a kitchen with other young people. There will be staff available to support you but they won’t be available all of the time. This is a good option if you are ready for a bit more independence but are likely to still need a bit of support with some things and want to learn more about having your own tenancy.

In Herefordshire, Citizen (previously known as SHYPP – Supported Housing for Young People Project) provide supported housing and they have foyers in Hereford, Leominster and Ross-on-Wye.

Citizen foyers provide shared communal living with your own room and some shared facilities like a kitchen and communal area. During your stay at the foyer we would expect you to get involved in foyer training and activities to prepare you for living in your own place. We would work with you to develop the things you enjoy doing and are good at. After a period of 6-12 months at a foyer you should be ready to move on and live by yourself.

You will need to pay rent to live at a Citizen foyer. Depending on your situation this might be paid for by housing benefit. If you would like to find out more about Citizen supported housing, please talk to your personal advisor.

Contact the 16+ care leavers team

Your personal advisor will give you their phone number for you to contact them directly. If you need some urgent advice or support, please contact the 16+ duty worker using the details below.

Address: 33-35, Union Street, Hereford HR1 2BT
Office open 8.45am to 5.15pm Monday to Thursday or 8.45am to 4.45pm on a Friday

Telephone: 01432 261626

Send Email