Property maintenance

When you live in supported accommodation or on your own, general maintenance of the property is a joint responsibility between you and the landlord. You must keep the property clean and tidy and can help make sure things don’t break by looking after your property. If something breaks from general wear and tear the landlord should fix it. If you break something, this is your responsibility. If you do so deliberately this is called ‘criminal damage’ and this is an offence.

If you need support for general maintenance you can ask your personal advisor or social worker. You should also be shown basic DIY skills before you move to your own place and you can use these in your own place.

Contact the 16+ care leavers team

Your personal advisor will give you their phone number for you to contact them directly. If you need some urgent advice or support, please contact the 16+ duty worker using the details below.

Address: 33-35 Union Street, Hereford HR1 2BT
Office open 8.45am to 5.15pm Monday to Thursday or 8.45am to 4.45pm on a Friday

Telephone: 01432 261626

Send Email