If your home is unsuitable for a wheelie bin
If your property is unsuitable for a wheelie bin, you can put general rubbish in black sacks (you will need to purchase these) and use the clear recycling sacks we provide for your recycling.
We will collect your sacks on your general rubbish or recycling collection day as appropriate. We will take up to four bags at a time. Any more than four bags will be left.
We deliver clear recycling sacks between August and September for households that aren't suitable for a recycling wheelie bin.
Your property is unsuitable for a wheeled bin collection if:
- There is nowhere to store a wheelie bin, for example, because you live in a flat above a shop
- It would be difficult or dangerous to move a bin to and from your property boundary
- It would be difficult or dangerous for our collection team to move a bin to and from the bin lorry
- The gradient between the bin and the vehicle is more than 1 in 10
- Collection crews have to walk more than 25 metres from the collection vehicle to the boundary of your property
- Your front garden is the only place a bin can go, but the gap between the bin and the front wall or fence would be less than one metre
- The bin would obstruct access to the property
To help keep your black sacks tidy and out of the way, you can request a bin from us to store these in. You will need to ensure sacks are taken out of this and put out ready for collection. We do not provide recycling bins for storage of recycling sacks.