The examination process
The council has prepared a Travellers' Sites Development Plan Document (DPD) as part of its Local Plan. This will focus on the accommodation needs of the Traveller community (Gypsies, Travellers and Travelling Show People) up to 2031.
The Travellers' Sites Development Plan Document was submitted to the Secretary of State for Housing Communities and Local Government on 27 February 2018 for examination. The Secretary of State appointed Mr David Smith BA(Hons) DMS MRTPI of the Planning Inspectorate to conduct the examination and to report to the council. Mr Smith will review the DPD, the evidence base and consider all the representations received from the pre-submission consultation.
The examination hearing for the Herefordshire Travellers' Sites Development Plan Document will took place on Tuesday 22 May 2018 at Three Counties Hotel, Belmont Road, Hereford HR2 7BP. The Inspector produced a hearing agenda and matters for discussion. Following the conclusion of the examination, the inspector issued his closing comments.
The Inspector also issued a guidance note and issues and questions for the council which can be viewed below under the View correspondence to and from the Inspector tab. The examination process will continue until the Inspector issues his report, and if this concludes that the plan is sound, it will be adopted by the council.
To ensure his impartiality the Inspector will not communicate directly with any party, including the council, outside the formal examination process. All contact with the Inspector should be made via the Programme Officer.
Contact the Programme Officer
Tracy Pearson has been appointed as Programme Officer to the examination and will provide administrative support to the Inspector. She is the main point of contact for any queries about the examination and hearing. She will update this webpage with information on all examination matters as they become available.
You can contact the Programme Officer via Herefordshire Council by email Programme.Officer@herefordshire.gov.uk or call on 07792 880908.
Documents submitted with the submission
The following key documents have been submitted to the planning inspectorate:
- Travellers Sites Development Plan Document - Pre-Submission Publication
- Core Strategy policies map
- Gypsy Travellers and Travelling Showperson Accommodation Assessment Final report - July 2017
- Sustainability Appraisal - Travellers' Sites DPD Pre-submission publication - November 2017
- Non-technical summary - Sustainability Appraisal Travellers' Sites DPD Pre-submission publication - November 2017
- Habitats Regulations Assessment - Travellers' Sites DPD Pre-submission publication - November 2017
- Consultation Statement 2018
- Duty to co-operate statement - November 2017
- Representations in respondent order
- Representations in policy order received during the pre-submission publication period
- Statement of Community Involvement - January 2017
- Local Development Scheme - January 2015
- Summary of main points raised during pre-submission consultation - February 2018
- Schedule of suggested minor changes - February 2018
- Herefordshire Local Plan Core Strategy October 2011-2031
- Herefordshire Local Plan Core Strategy appendices October 2011-2031
- Inspector's Report on the Examination of the Herefordshire Local Plan Core Strategy 2011-2031
- Appendix to Local Plan Inspector's Report September 2015