The council is producing a Travellers' Sites Document as part of its Local Plan. This will focus on the accommodation needs of the Traveller community (Gypsies, Travellers and Travelling Show People) up to 2031.
The document has gone through the following stages so far:
- A public consultation on the Preferred Options closed on 19 September 2016
- A public consultation on the Pre-submission draft document ran from Monday 6 November to Monday 18 December 2017
- The Travellers' Sites Document was submitted for examination on 27 February 2018
- Hearings were held on the 18 May 2018
- A consultation on additional sites was held between October and November 2018
- A second public hearing took place on 18 March 2019
- A consultation on the main modifications is taking place between 1 May and 12 June 2019. See the Main modifications page for more details
Please see the examination page for more details.