Adoption of Travellers' Sites DPD
The Herefordshire Traveller Sites Development Plan was adopted by Council on 11 October 2019.
The DPD was subject to examination by an appointed independent Planning Inspector between 27 February 2018 and 24 June 2019. Public hearing sessions were held on 22 May 2018 and 18 March 2019. The Inspector's Report, published on 24 June 2019, concluded that the DPD is sound and legally compliant, subject to the modifications recommended by the Inspector.
The adopted DPD includes the main modifications recommended by the Inspector and additional minor modifications proposed by Herefordshire Council.
The adopted plan forms part of the Herefordshire Local Plan and makes site-specific allocations for new pitches. It sets out planning policy for the consideration of additional pitches for Travellers and Travelling Showpeople.
View the relevant documents:
- The DPD with all of the modifications shown as track changes
- Schedule of the main modifications
- Schedule of minor additional modifications
- Sustainability Appraisal/Strategic Environmental Assessment Adoption Statement (2019)
- Inspector's Report (2019)
- Statement of adoption (2019)
For any further information, advice or enquiries please email email@example.com
For details of the examination process see Travellers' Sites Examination.