How to apply for building regulations

Before applying, you should check to ensure you are using the correct application form. Please read Choose your application and refer to the notes and checklists available.

Where building regulations are applicable to your building work, please select the application form you wish to download and complete:

When you have completed the application, please email it to us at along with a site location plan and any required drawings.

Please note that we cannot accept more than 20mb of documents via email. Please email the files separately if the file size will be greater than 20mb.

Or you can use our online form below but this is not currently available for approval with full plans applications:

Apply online for building regulations using our form

You can also use the Submit-a Plan website to do this if you prefer.

For any additional help you need with your building control application, please get in touch using the contact details on this page.

Building control contact details

Address: Herefordshire Council Building Control, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE

Telephone: 01432 261938

Send Email