Welcome to Shop Local, your opportunity to apply for a prepaid card loaded with £15 to spend with local businesses in Herefordshire.
The aim of the scheme is simple - to get us all back out supporting our local businesses and retailers as they emerge from the limitations of the last 18 months.
By keeping spending local we can help our local communities survive and thrive.
The card must be used in Herefordshire. That way we can all help our great county and its local and independent retailers, producers and traders bounce back from the pandemic and ensure our retail, hospitality, cultural and leisure sectors continue to thrive.
All businesses that accept Mastercard will be able to accept the Shop Local prepaid card.
There is one card per household. Read on to find out how the card works and then apply online below, before 31 January 2022.
About your prepaid card
- You must be 18 or over to apply for this card.
- Please be aware that only one application per individual property is permitted and the card is intended for use by the occupants of that property only. You are only entitled to one card regardless of the number of properties within the County of Herefordshire you may own.
- In the case of a house of multiple occupation there can be more than one application per address. Please note that these applications are more likely to be verified
- Your Shop Local prepaid card will be loaded with £15 and will have a letter attached which will advise you how to activate it and how to use it.
- Please keep your card until the scheme closes on 31 March 2022. Additional money may be available to be loaded onto your card depending on scheme take up
- The prepaid card is not a credit card and will have no loan or credit facility. You will only be able to make payments from the available balance on the card.
- Your card cannot be used to withdraw cash at an ATM.
- There are no fees associated with this card.
- Any unspent funds remaining on the card by 31 March 2022 will be returned to Herefordshire Council.
- Your card has been restricted to only permit purchases at businesses based within the geographical location of Herefordshire. These measures depend on the information we receive from that business. This means there may be occasions where your card does not work, and the attempted transaction is declined. This is because the address of that business (or their acquiring bank) may not be registered in Herefordshire.
- You may be restricted from using your card for some purchases as agreed with Herefordshire Council, which could include restrictions at off-licences, as well as for betting and gambling (including lottery tickets and casinos), dating and escort services, massage parlours, pawn shops and tobacco stores, counselling services, automated fuel pumps, cable, satellite, or other paid TV subscription services and telecommunication services.
- Please note that Herefordshire Council reserves the right to verify any and all applications for the pre-paid card using council held records.
Apply for your household's prepaid card by 31 January 2022
What happens once I have applied?
When you have completed the application form, your prepaid card will be sent to you in the post. It should arrive within 10 days of your application.
There is only one card per household. If someone from your household has already applied, your application will not be processed.
If your card is lost or stolen
- Report this as soon as possible by calling our payment card partner allpay Ltd on 0330 808 0102.
- Your card will then be immediately blocked, protecting you from unauthorised usage.
Questions about the Shop Local prepaid card
- For any issues with using your Shop Local prepaid card, please contact allpay customer services on 0330 808 0102.
By completing the application, you are confirming that you are eligible for the pre-payment card. If your eligibility circumstances change after making an application or receiving this pre-payment card, you must notify us immediately.
Herefordshire Council will not accept deliberate manipulation or fraud, and any instances where an individual falsifies or dishonestly provides inaccurate information, or submits multiple ineligible applications, will be actively investigated. The council reserves the right to recoup any funds paid in error and reserves the right to cancel any pre-payment cards issued.
The information we collect from you may be shared with fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance, or employment. View further details of how your information will be used by us and these fraud prevention agencies, and your data protection rights, on our Fraud prevention privacy notice.
The allpay prepaid card is issued by allpay Ltd pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. allpay Ltd is a company regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 900539) for the issuance of electronic money. Head office and registered address: Fortis et Fides, Whitestone Business Park, Whitestone, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR1 3SE (Company No 02933191). Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.