- Information held about you
In order to provide you with your prepaid card to shop local it is necessary for us to collect and hold information about you. This information will include:
- Address and postcode
- Date of birth
- Who is processing your data
All data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The Data Controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
allpay Ltd are the Data Processors who will process your information on behalf of the council for the purpose of providing you with the prepaid card service.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- Register you and provide you with your prepaid card service
- Contact you in the future to top up your card with more funds if available
- Monitor the success of the scheme and impact on the local economy
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is carrying out of a contract to which you are a party.
- Who we will share your information with
We will share your information with allpay for the purpose of providing you with the prepaid Mastercard® card.
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent, however, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. Any information which is shared will only be shared on a need to know basis, with appropriate individuals. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information held in this privacy notice will be kept for five years from the end of the relationship with you in line with Money Laundering Regulations.
All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information be amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to put your request in writing and provide proof of identification to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or via email, email@example.com
You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email: email@example.com
More information about data protection and how it applies to you can be found on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- 8 November 2021