We collect your recycling fortnightly using green wheeled bins. Where wheeled bins are not appropriate, we collect your recycling using the clear plastic sacks we provide.
What we collect for recycling from your home
The recycling we collect is sent to our Envirosort recycling facility.
Check the pictures below for what you should put in your recycling:
If you're not sure about an item, use our checker to find out if we can recycle it, which bin to use or where to take it.
Envirosort's own guide also shows - What you can put in your recycling bin or recycling sack
Make sure your recycling is:
- Clean - a quick rinse under the tap to remove any residue will do
- Loose in your green bin - please don't put it in a plastic bag and put the bag in your bin
If you put any of the following items in your recycling bin it contaminates the bin load - and if emptied into the lorry can contaminate an entire lorry load. To avoid this, we will not empty any recycling bin which contains items we can't send to Envirosort, and we will tag the bins as contaminated.
- Black bags or carrier bags. There is no need to use a bag in your recycling bin
- Cling film
- Crisp packets and sweet wrappers
- Crockery, drinking glasses and Pyrex dishes
- Food waste
- Garden waste (compost this at home, take it to your local household recycling centre or use our garden waste sacks)