Rubbish and recycling collections
Rubbish and recycling collections are fortnightly in Herefordshire, with recycling (green bins or clear sacks) and general waste (black bins or black sacks) collected on alternate weeks. You can find your collection day on our handy bin collection day checker.
If your property is unsuitable for a wheelie bin, then you can use black sacks. You can present up to 4 black sacks (you must buy your own) on your general rubbish collection day. We will provide you with clear recycling sacks, these will be delivered between August and September each year.
Please see the garden waste section to see how to dispose of this. Garden waste should be composted if possible. You can find out more about home composting, including how to get reduced priced compost bins, at Herefordshire Get Composting.
Be ready for collection
To make sure your bins and sacks are collected, please:
- Put bins or sacks at the boundary of your property nearest to the public highway
- Place your bin or sacks out by 6.30am on the day of collection
- Make sure your bin lid is closed
- Do not place any waste next to your bin as this will not be collected
- Ensure your recycling only contains clean and accepted recyclable items
How can I be reminded about my collection day?
We no longer provide the recycling text message reminder service.
- You can use our bin collection day checker to check your collection day and download a printable copy of your collection calendar.
- If you have a smart phone, you can look up how to set a reminder on the calendar on your phone.
Help to recycle more
It's better for everyone (and the planet) if we recycle more. So please recycle as much as you can by sorting your rubbish and putting it in the right bin or sack. Check what you can put in each type of bin or sack, if you are not sure.
If you don't put rubbish in the right bin or sack we are not able to take it away.
Bank holiday bin collections
We collect recycling and general rubbish as normal on bank holidays, except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day. If you are due a collection on these days, use our bin collection day checker to find out when we will be collecting instead.
Struggling with your bins
We may also be able arrange an assisted collection for elderly or disabled residents.