Where a parent or carer expresses a preference for a school based on religion or belief, and the child is from a low income group (defined as being entitled to free school meals or a family in receipt of the maximum level of Working Tax Credit), then a child aged 11-16 is eligible for free transport to the nearest school of their faith if they live between 2 and 15 miles of the school.
Where the low income criteria are not met we may be able to provide transport to the nearest school of your faith providing your child is attending on genuine denominational grounds, in return for a contribution towards the transport costs. Your child must live between 3 and 15 miles from school, or between 2 and 15 miles from school if aged under eight.
Where transport assistance is provided you may need to meet the allocated bus at a stop along its existing route, travel between home and the stop is the responsibility of parents and carers. This statement should be read in conjunction with the Herefordshire home to school transport policy.
The current full charge for parental contributions in 2020/21 is £828 a year, paid termly at £297 for the autumn and spring term and £234 for the summer term. A pro rata charge is made when not paying for the whole term.
Primary schools - Church of England
- Bodenham, St Michael's C.E Primary
- Brampton Abbotts C.E Primary School
- Bridstow C.E Primary
- Cradley C.E Primary
- Fownhope, St Mary's C.E Primary
- Hereford, St James' C.E Primary
- Hereford, St Paul's C.E Primary
- Hereford, St Thomas Cantilupe C.E Primary
- Kimbolton, St James' C.E Primary
- Kingsland C.E Primary
- Lea C.E Primary
- Leintwardine Endowed Primary
- Leominster, Ivington C.E Primary
- Llangrove C.E Primary
- Much Marcle C.E Primary
- Pembridge C.E Primary
- Pencombe C.E Primary
- Weston-under-Penyard C.E Primary
- Whitchurch C.E Primary
Primary schools - Roman Catholic
- St. Francis Xavier's R.C. Primary School
- St. Joseph's R.C. Primary School
- Our Lady's R.C. Primary School
Secondary schools - Church of England
- The Bishop of Hereford's Bluecoat School, Hereford
Secondary schools - Roman Catholic
- St Mary's R.C. High School, Lugwardine