Further health system support and advice

Designated Clinical and Medical Officers

The Designated Medical Officer and Designated Clinical Officer play a key role in implementing the Children and Families Act 2014 reforms and supporting joined up working between health services and local authorities.

They support the Integrated Care Board (ICB) in meeting its statutory responsibilities for children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities between the ages of 0 and 25.

Herefordshire's designated officers can support families and professionals with health queries for children and young people with SEND.

You can contact the Designated Clinical Officer for special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) Herefordshire at email hwicb.herefordshiresenddco@nhs.net

More information on how children and young people with SEND are supported by your local Integrated Care System.

An Integrated Care System (ICS) is when all organisations involved in health and care work together in different, more joined-up ways. The focus is on providing care in a way that benefits patients.

From family doctors, to mental health staff, community teams and our major hospitals, we're using our collective resources, skills and expertise to make care and support better for our residents across Herefordshire and Worcestershire.

Herefordshire and Worcestershire's ICS is made up of two key bodies – an Integrated Care Board and an Integrated Care Partnership Assembly.

NHS website

The NHS website provides a range of information on health conditions, medicines, GP online services, NHS services and healthy living.

The website also enables you to search for a variety of different services such as GPs (doctors), dentists, pharmacies and your nearest accident and emergency department.

Queries, comments, concerns and complaints

Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) are available if you have a query, comment or concern about patient care, or if you wish to leave a compliment.

There are different teams you should contact depending on which service you wish to get in touch about.

Wye Valley NHS Trust

You can contact the Wye Valley NHS Trust Patient Experience Team by calling 01432 372986 or you can email pals@wvt.nhs.uk

Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust

To contact the Patient Relations Team at Herefordshire and Worcestershire's Health and Care NHS Trust, call 01905 681517 or email WHCNHS.PALS@nhs.net

You can also write to them at Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, 2 Kings Court, Charles Hastings Way, Worcester WR5 1JR.

Herefordshire and Worcestershire Integrated Care Board (ICB)

To speak to someone at the NHS Herefordshire and Worcestershire Integrated Care Board (ICB), call 0300 053 4356 (ask to speak to the Complaints Team) or email the specific team: 

You can also write to them at Patient and Stakeholder Liaison Team, NHS Herefordshire and Worcestershire, Kirkham House, John Comyn Drive, Perdiswell, Worcester WR3 7NS.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman have created a British Sign Language (BSL) video on how to make a complaint to the NHS in England:

The Expert Parent Programme

The Expert Parent Programme is a programme developed by the Council for Disabled Children which includes e-learning modules and resources to help parents and carers to navigate the health system for those with SEND (diagnosed and undiagnosed).

You will find more information on the Council for Disabled Children's website.