Discretionary Housing Payments

If you are already receiving Housing Benefit or Universal Credit Housing Element, we may be able to give you more financial assistance towards your rent. Discretionary Housing Payments are free standing payments we can provide if you receive Housing Benefit and/or Universal Credit and you need extra help with:

  • Your rent
  • Other rent payments including rent in advance and rental deposits (where our other departments cannot assist)
  • Other lump sum payments associated with your housing needs, such as removal costs

Contact our Housing Solutions team for advice on housing rights, welfare benefit and negotiating with your landlord.

For further information, contact us.

Download an application form