UK Parliamentary general election - Thursday 12 December 2019
A UK Parliamentary general election will take place on Thursday 12 December 2019.
The Returning Officer for Herefordshire is responsible for the North Herefordshire and Hereford and South Herefordshire constituencies.
We will publish all statutory notices on this page as soon as they are available. All other information for candidates and agents can be found on the Electoral Commission's website.
The deadline to register to vote for the general election was midnight on Tuesday 26 November 2019. You can no longer register to vote for this election.
The deadlines to apply for a postal vote or to appoint a proxy for this election have now passed. If after 5pm on Wednesday 4 December you are unable to vote in person because you:
- Have a medical emergency
- Learn you cannot go to the polling station because of work reasons
You can apply to vote by emergency proxy. The deadline for this is 5pm on Thursday 12 December (polling day). Please contact electoral services on 01432 260107 to find out more.
Forthcoming elections documents
- Index to wards and parishes shows which ward and constituency each parish falls under
- Pre-election guidance - guidance for councillors and employees in the run up to elections
- Electorate for the purpose of candidates' expenses
- List of polling stations in use for 12 December 2019 General Election
Hereford and South Herefordshire
- Notice of election - Hereford and South Herefordshire
- Nomination pack for Hereford and South Herefordshire constituency
- Statement of persons nominated - Hereford and South Herefordshire
- Notice of election agents - Hereford and South Herefordshire