Leominster Household Recycling Centre is located on Bridge Street, to the north of Leominster. The site is operated by Severn Waste Services Ltd on behalf of Herefordshire Council and Worcestershire County Council.
- 01568 614271
- Opening times
- Monday: 8am to 6pm
- Tuesday: 8am to 6pm
- Wednesday: 8am to 6pm
- Thursday: 8am to 6pm
- Friday: 8am to 6pm
- Saturday: 8am to 6pm
- Sunday: 8am to 6pm
All sites are closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Residents may take their own household waste to the facility, but no other waste, for example business waste, can lawfully be deposited. ;
Many different materials are accepted at the site most of which are for recycling. Before you visit try to sort your waste out in to different materials to help you recycle more and speed up your visit.
- What can you recycle?
Asbestos will only be accepted on site if it is double bagged or wrapped in plastic sheeting and sealed. Upon arrival at a household recycling centre you should identify to a site assistant that you wish to dispose of asbestos. It is also advisable to contact the site in advance to ensure there is available capacity. Any material deposited must be able to fit into the container openings which measure 84cm by 158cm.
- Paper and Cardboard
- Glass jars and bottles
- Plastic bottles
- Textile banks
- Green waste
- Household batteries
- Electrical appliances
- Fluorescent tubes and energy saving lightbulbs
- Automotive batteries
- Used engine oil
- Scrap metal
- Food and drink cans
- Soil and rubble
- Wood and timber
- Mobile phones
- Printer cartridges
- Chemicals (including non-water based paints)
- Cement bonded asbestos
- Gas bottles
- Waste to landfill (including water based paints)
- Find out where to recycle a particular item
- Green waste and compost
Please be advised that green waste bigger than 2 metres in length, and 100mm in diameter cannot be accepted on compactor sites as indicated above.
You can buy Green Grow soil conditioner made from your composted green waste at a cost of £2 per bag.
- Household recycling centre rules
- Only your own household waste can lawfully be deposited at household recycling centres in Herefordshire
- No commercial or business waste is accepted
- No clinical waste is accepted
- Soil, hard-core and plasterboard are not classified as household waste, but you may bring it if the waste is a result of doing work to your own home
- A commercial vehicle and trailer (CVT) permit scheme is in operation to restrict use of commercial vehicles and trailers over 1.3m in length. You must apply for a permit in advance if you wish to use a commercial vehicle or trailer to bring your household waste
- Children (under the age of 16) must remain in cars at all times while on the site
- Staff on site will be happy to help you, please ask if you require assistance
- Further information