Leominster Household Recycling Centre is located on Bridge Street, to the north of Leominster. The site is operated by Severn Waste Services Ltd on behalf of Herefordshire Council and Worcestershire County Council.
Find out what you can bring to this site
- Site booking
Open for pre-booked vehicles only
- From 1 October to 31 March - 8am to 4pm, 7 days a week
- From 1 April to 30 September - 8am to 6pm, 7 days a week
How to book
You must be a resident of Herefordshire and provide your address and vehicle registration number. You can book a slot up to 14 days in advance.
Book online to visit Leominster household recycling centre
- You will not be allowed access to the site without a pre-booked pass
- Bookings can only be made online
- Booking is available for residents of Herefordshire only
- You will need to provide your address and vehicle registration
- A pass will be provided that you can show on your mobile device or print out
- Residents may book up to 4 slots every 14 days
- Anyone wishing to use a commercial type vehicle or a trailer larger than 1.3m in length will still require a (CVT) permit, through separate application
- Pedestrians are NOT currently permitted
- Bicycles must pre-book a slot in the same way as other vehicles
- Materials accepted at this site
Disposing of asbestos
Asbestos will only be accepted on site if it is double bagged or wrapped in plastic sheeting and sealed. When you arrive at the household recycling centre, let a site assistant know that you wish to dispose of asbestos.
It is also advisable to call the site in advance to ensure there is available capacity. Any material you deposit must be able to fit into the container openings which measure 84cm by 158cm.
Other waste materials
Waste material Accepted Re-usable item container - including bicycles Yes Asbestos Yes Batteries Yes Books / CD / DVD No Cans Yes Car batteries Yes Cardboard Yes Chemicals (including non-water based paints) Yes Clothes / textiles Yes Cooking oil Yes * Engine oil Yes Fluorescent t Yes Foil Yes Fridges and freezers Yes Garden waste Yes Gas bottles Yes Glass bottles Yes Low energy light bulbs Yes LPG containers (gas bottles) Yes Mobile phones Yes Paper Yes Plasterboard Yes Plastic bottles Yes Printer toner cartridges Yes Ink jet printer cartridges Yes Scrap metal Yes Soil and rubble Yes Televisions Yes Tyres - excluding those from commercial vehicles e.g. tractor/lorry tyres Yes Small electrical appliances Yes Wood Yes General waste (including water based paints) Yes
* cooking oil is not recycled
Find out where to dispose of an item in our A-Z of waste and recycling.
- Find out where to recycle a particular item
- Garden waste and compost
Please be advised that garden waste bigger than 2 metres in length, and 100mm in diameter cannot be accepted on compactor sites as indicated above.
Find out more about garden waste and composting
You can buy the soil improver/compost made from garden waste for £2 a bag at this household recycling centre. Payment must be made by card because we cannot accept cash at any site. You will still need to pre-book to visit the site.
- Household recycling centre rules
- Only your own household waste can lawfully be deposited at household recycling centres in Herefordshire
- No commercial or business waste is accepted
- No clinical waste is accepted
- Soil, hard-core and plasterboard are not classified as household waste, but you may bring it if the waste is a result of doing work to your own home
- A commercial vehicle and trailer (CVT) permit scheme is in operation to restrict use of commercial vehicles and trailers over 1.3m in length. You must apply for a permit in advance if you wish to use a commercial vehicle or trailer to bring your household waste
- Children (under the age of 16) must remain in cars at all times while on the site
- Staying safe on site
- Further information
No business waste is permitted
Severn Waste Services Ltd operate all household recycling centres. Worcestershire County Council, Herefordshire's partner, manage the service. If you have any queries email email@example.com or call 01905 843418.