You will need a permit if you wish to use a commercial type vehicle or a trailer larger than 1.3m in length to take your household waste at one of our household recycling centres.
You need to apply for a permit before you go. As it can take up to 10 working days to get your permit, make sure you apply in plenty of time.
Supporting evidence for application
- A copy of the vehicle registration document, or current vehicle certificate of insurance
- A letter of authorisation from the company that owns the vehicle
- A vehicle hire agreement form issued by hire company
- A long-term lease agreement
- A mobility agreement
- A household can have up to 12 permits a year (April to March)
- Permits are issued on a pro-rata basis from April to March. So, allowing for 1 permit per calendar month, if you applied in October you will receive 6 permits
- Permits expire on 31 March of the financial year in which they were issued. We cannot accept them after this date, so you will need to reapply each financial year
- You must give your permit to staff at the site when you get there
- Each permit allows one visit at any time between April to March
- If you need to make any changes to your permits, return the permit first and we will issue a replacements
- No business waste is permitted