Staff and organisation information
We publish details annually of senior salaries, the pay multiple, trade union facility time and the council organisation chart.
This is a mandatory requirement for local authorities in line with the Local Government Transparency Code.
- Senior management team structure 1 June 2019
- Senior salary information 31 March 2019
- Senior salary count 31 March 2019
- Trade union facility time 2018/19
- Herefordshire Council's pay policy statement 2019
Herefordshire Council's pay multiple
The council is required to publish the pay multiple, defined as the ratio between the highest taxable earnings for the given year (including base salary, variable pay, bonuses, allowances and the cash value of any benefits in kind) and the median salary of the whole of its workforce. The measure must:
- Cover all elements of remuneration that can be valued (for example all taxable earnings for the given year, including base salary, variable pay, bonuses, allowances and the cash value of any benefits-in-kind)
- Use the median earnings figure as the denominator which should be that of all employees of the local authority on a fixed date each year, coinciding with reporting at the end of the financial year
- Exclude changes in pension benefits, which due to their variety and complexity cannot be accurately included in a pay multiple disclosure.
As at 31 March 2019, the pay multiple for Herefordshire Council is 7.3.