Council land and property assets
Land and buildings form part of Herefordshire Council's fixed asset register and details must be published under the Local Government Transparency Code.
The Code makes it mandatory for local authorities to publish the details annually. Herefordshire Council will update the data on a regular basis; annually at the very least.
The land and buildings asset register is presented in a format recommended in the Transparency Code. It contains the following information:
- Unique asset identifier (Herefordshire Council unique alpha-numeric reference)
- Unique property reference number (National Land and Property Gazetteer (NLPG) reference)
- Land/building description
- Address/postcode (if available)
- Easting and northing co-ordinates (geographic centre point of property land parcel according to Ordnance Survey Grid System)
- Tenure type (whether the property is freehold or leasehold)
- Tenure category (whether the property is occupied by the council, vacant, leased, sub-let, licensed etc)
- Land only (whether the property is land only or land with buildings)