Getting the county to net zero

Herefordshire Council aims to accelerate a reduction of emissions across the county by aspiring to be carbon neutral by 2030/31.

The pie chart shows a breakdown of emissions in the county. The council has direct control over just 1% of the emissions. Although we can influence some of the other 99%, everyone in Herefordshire needs to work together to tackle the climate emergency.

Our main sources of emissions are:

Pie chart showing Herefordshire's greenhouse gas emissions

(Data from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. It does not include land use, land use change and forestry.)

We have been working with a range of stakeholders to develop a more detailed breakdown of the key areas that we will need to address to get the county to net zero by 2030:

You can also see our journey so far.

Contact us with your climate change feedback

We're keen to hear your ideas for reducing emissions or other ways to help get the council and county to net zero. Please email us your suggestions:

Send Email