Alcohol licensing pre-application service
We now offer pre-application advice and application assistance together with our check and send service for the following licences that are part of the Licensing Act 2003:
- Club premises certificate
- Personal licence
- Premises licence
- Temporary Event Notice
Our aim is to assist you in applying for the correct level of licensing to suit your needs and to help mitigate any problems which may arise during the application process.
However, our advice and assistance cannot prejudge the outcome of a licensing application, especially if representations are received and a Licensing Sub-Committee hearing is necessary.
You can choose one, two or all of the following services:
Pre-application advice service
- Provide advice so that you can determine which licence(s), if any, are required
- Provide advice to ensure you apply for the correct level of licensing tailored to the needs of your business
- Provide advice on drawing up plans to accompany the application in accordance with relevant regulations*
Application assistance service
- Assist you with completion of the statutory application forms
- Assist you with drawing up plans to accompany the application in accordance with the relevant regulations*
- Assist you with completion of the statutory public and press notices*
Check and send service
- Check your application to ensure it is valid and has been correctly completed
- Submit electronically on your behalf to the appropriate licensing office
- Give you an acceptance date so that the relevant statutory consultation period commences immediately from that date*
- Assist you with completion of the statutory public and press notices and provide you with completed copies of the required notices*
- Submit on your behalf to the relevant Responsible Authorities*
- Serve the application on the existing Designated Premises Supervisor*
* if applicable
Benefits of the services
- Save time - applications can be delayed due to basic errors (incomplete forms, defective notices) - avoid these delays by using our services. We can guarantee once checked it will be accepted
- Save money - we will help to ensure the process will not need to be re-started; you will avoid incurring additional costs in re-submitting press notices*
- Give peace of mind - we will make sure your application is correctly completed, that you only apply for what you need and ensure your licence is fit for purpose
- Secure - we will ensure your application is electronically submitted and depending on the type of application, serve on the relevant Responsible Authorities
Costs of the services
These are fixed fees for this service and cover the cost of administration and delivery of the service. Save money by purchasing more than one service at the same time. NB: This service is 0% VAT rated.
|Type of licence||Pre-application advice||Application assistance||Check and send||Pre-application advice and application assistance (discounted by 5% of total)||Pre-application advice and application assistance and check and send (discounted by 10% of total)|
|Grant, variation, provisional statement (premises and club)||£48 Code 2||£96 Code 4||£72 Code 3||£136.80||£194.40|
|Minor variation||£24 Code 1||£48 Code 2||£48 Code 2||£68.40||£108|
|Transfer||£24 Code 1||£48 Code 2||£24 Code 1||£68.40||£86.40|
|Change of Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)||£24 Code 1||£48 Code 2||£24 Code 1||£68.40||£86.40|
|Transfer and variation of DPS at the same time||£24 Code 1||£72 Code 3||£48 Code 2||£91.20||£129.60|
|Dis-apply mandatory DPS condition||£24 Code 1||£48 Code 2||£24 Code 1||£68.40||£86.40|
|Interim authority||£24 Code 1||£48 Code 2||£24 Code 1||£68.40||£86.40|
|Temporary Event Notice||£24 Code 1||£48 Code 2||£24 Code 1||£68.40||£86.40|
|Personal licence||£24 Code 1||£48 Code 2||£24 Code 1||£68.40||£86.40|
|Major event over 499 people||£48 Code 2||£192 Code 5||£96 Code 4||£201.60||£302.40|
|General licensing advice/additional time||Charged at £24 per 15 minutes or any part of|
Fee and time codes
|Time||Code and fee|
|Up to 15 minutes||Code 1 (£24)|
|Up to 30 minutes||Code 2 (£48)|
|Up to 45 minutes||Code 3 (£72)|
|Up to 1 hour||Code 4 (£96)|
|Up to 2 hours||Code 5 (£192)|
Please note these service fees are in addition to the relevant statutory application fee.
Apply and pay for the service
You can apply and pay online for this service all in one process.
Please note you cannot apply for this service if you carry out a similar business to the service, for example solicitors, licensing consultants, legal advisors.
We operate impartially and free from conflicts of interest advice. Businesses should be aware that it may be possible to obtain the same services as those offered by Herefordshire Council Licensing Support Service elsewhere. We encourage businesses to make their own investigations with alternative providers as to whether the services are available elsewhere and to obtain the best value for those services. Please note that businesses are not obligated to take up the services offered by Herefordshire Council Licensing Support Service.
Licensing contact details
If you wish to speak to a Licensing Officer the opening times are 9.30am to 1.30pm Monday to Friday. All calls are dealt with by our contact centre staff and are allocated to an officer who will take action on the service request between one to five working days.Address: Licensing Section, Herefordshire Council, 8 St Owen Street, Hereford HR1 2PJ Send Email