Public health commissioning
Our vision for public health is to protect and improve the health and wellbeing of residents in Herefordshire and reduce health inequalities.
We will do this by:
- Keeping children and young people safe and giving them a great start in life
- Enabling residents to live safe, healthy and independent lives
- Maintaining service provision to those with need within the available resource
Services we are commissioning
The council commissions services including:
- Drugs and alcohol (recovery focused, peer led, family orientated drug and alcohol treatment service)
- Sexual health (STI testing and treatment and contraception)
- Health checks (improved access in terms of time and place with a more flexible appointment system)
- Stop smoking (improved access, performance and options for treatment by making use of underpinning technology)
If you are interested in providing services to public health, please sign up and register your interest on the supplier portal. You will then receive updates about forthcoming procurements in public health and the relevant tender documents when they are published. These documents will tell you more about public health commissioning in Herefordshire.
For more information about the commissioning of services please contact a member of the commissioning project team:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Commercial Services, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE