Sell to Herefordshire Council
Each year, we buy around £130m of products and services. These can range from road salt and CCTV equipment, through to adult social care and child fostering services.
Our contracts register will give you a better idea of the kinds of products and services we currently buy. Our Procurement and commissioning strategy 2018 is also a useful source of information.
Current contracts for tender
The pipeline of future opportunities details tenders that are in the development stage prior to their publication to the market.
We list all our contract opportunities on our electronic procurement portal Supplying the South West. Registering on the portal will keep you informed of relevant opportunities as they arise and enable you to bid for a tender. On the portal you can:
- View all our advertised tender opportunities
- Register for free
- Express interest in relevant tender events
- Submit tender responses electronically
Support with using the procurement portal is available:
- By telephone – 0330 005 0352
- By email – ProContractSuppliers@proactis.com
For contracts under £75,000 we will ask at least three companies to tender. For contracts larger than this we will go through a formal tendering process. When the value of the goods or services we buy is more than £213,477 including VAT for services or £5,336,937 including VAT for works contracts, we follow The Public Contract Regulations 2015. The council is required to publish a contract notice for procurements above these thresholds in Find a Tender Service (FTS).
Businesses will be expected to demonstrate their competence and financial stability. We will send you full instructions on how to do so, along with a pricing schedule, a detailed specification, our terms and conditions and the criteria we will use to evaluate your bid.
How bids are evaluated
We award contracts under the value of £75,000 using standard terms and conditions. Bids are evaluated by teams of specialists who review particular aspects of it, like finance or technical and a score is given to each bid based on a set of criteria and guiding principles. We always look for the best balance of quality and price. We monitor all contractors and their sub-contractors to make sure they comply with the performance criteria agreed.
If your bid is not successful, we can provide feedback on what were its strongest and weakest aspects and potential areas for improvement. You can also tell us about your experience of our tendering process.
Our standard terms and conditions
- Terms and conditions for the supply of low value goods and services for contracts awarded up to the value of £25,000
- Terms and conditions for the supply of PPE - April 2020 which are awarded for contracts for the specific supply of Personal Protective Equipment
- General Terms and conditions for the supply of goods and services are included as an example, however other terms and conditions may be used depending on the nature of the services
You can find out more from our commercial services team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org