Adult social care commissioning
Herefordshire Council commissions a wide range of adult social care services. To receive updates of forthcoming tendering opportunities in this sector please:
Please note that registering on the portal is not a guarantee of business; however once registered you will be automatically notified of forthcoming procurement opportunities.
The underlying principle which informs the council's approach to commissioning and procuring these services is to support residents to remain independent and lead fulfilling lives, whilst creating and maintaining a successful economy
This strategic principle is underpinned by five key policies which define the way the council will work:
- Outcomes - we will focus on commissioning for outcomes rather than commissioning of services, using the assessment of needs in Understanding Herefordshire
- Monitoring - we will apply a robust contract and supplier monitoring and management regime to ensure benefits realisation and maximise continuous improvement
- Self-reliance - we will work with residents, service users, volunteers and voluntary groups, community bodies, business and our partners to help people to be more self-reliant, devolve services and build stronger communities
- Local delivery - we will focus on community engagement, service delivery and public access in our nine localities, working with parish councils, local businesses and the third sector
- Valued services - we will prioritise services that deliver outcomes for a better Herefordshire and focuses on vulnerable groups
Care home unified contract
Market Position Statement - supply and demand for care and support needs
The Market Position Statement (MPS) summarises the supply and demand of care and support needs across Herefordshire. It signals potential business opportunities within the care and support market and, whilst it is not a statutory document, it provides evidence of how the council fulfils its duties under the Care Act 2014, the Children & Families Act 2014 and other relevant legislation to manage and shape its market.