Direct payments card
Your direct payment can now be paid to a payment card account. You pay for services in the same way that you pay for goods with a bank or debit card. Your provider can contact us if they have any queries about the card. The payment card account is great because:
- The council can view your account online, which means you don't need to send your accounts to the council. You just need to keep all your receipts
- They are safe and easy to use - you can pay for all your services and activities using the card
- You can make payments online via a bank transfer, direct debit or standing order or in person using chip and pin or through telephone banking, making it easier to purchase activities at a wider range of places
- You don't need a bank account to have a card, the council will open the account for you
- You can ask for a named person to have a card on your behalf
To find out more, contact a direct payments officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01432 260060.
Fraud prevention privacy notice
If you request financial support from Herefordshire Council to pay for care, the personal information we collect from you will be shared with fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance, or employment. View further details of how your information will be used by us and these fraud prevention agencies, and your data protection rights, on our Fraud prevention privacy notice.