Care Leavers Covenant
The Care Leavers Covenant is a promise made by private, public or voluntary organisations to provide support for care leavers aged 16-25 to help them to live independently.
The mission of the Covenant is to promote five key outcomes, so that care leavers:
- Are better prepared to live independently
- Have improved access to employment, education and training
- Experience stability in their lives and feel safe and secure
- Have improved access to health support
- Achieve financial stability
We have our own Care Leavers Covenant commitment and are recognised as a "trailblazer" local authority.