Disabled children's social care team
Our disabled children's social care team is made up of social workers and support workers. They work closely with a range of professionals and agencies including specialist schools, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, child and adolescent mental health services, health visitors, speech and language therapists and many more.
They work with disabled children and young people and their families and have a range of roles and responsibilities depending on the child’s needs.
Some examples include:
- Advice and guidance to families and professionals
- Signposting to other services
- Specialist short breaks and respite
- Supporting the transition to adult services
- Social care needs assessment for disabled children
- Carer's assessment for parents/carers of disabled children
- Specialist family support
The disabled children's social care referral criteria sets out how we establish if a child is eligible for an assessment for services.
Contact a Family has produced a guide for families about social care services when your child has additional needs.
Contact disabled children's social care teamAddress: For immediate safeguarding concerns call: 01432 260800
For assessment and information please: Send Email