Secondary school place for September 2021
If you live in Herefordshire and your child is due to transfer from primary Year 6 and start secondary school in Year 7 in September 2021 then you must apply for their school place between 7 September and 31 October 2020.
Please note if your child is resident in Herefordshire and attends a Herefordshire primary school you will receive a letter via the school from the transfer admissions officer during the week starting 7 September, informing you that your child is due to start secondary education and what you as a parent should do.
How to apply
Please read the secondary school admissions guidance documents before making an application.
Deadline for applying
The deadline for applying for a secondary school place online was 31 October 2020.
You can request a paper application form from the secondary transfer admissions officer on 01432 260925 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or you can download the application form.
Please note - It is your responsibility to ensure that your paper application form reaches the council. We recommend you return your completed application via recorded delivery to:
- School Admissions Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford, Herefordshire HR4 0LE
We also advise contacting the school admissions team directly on 01432 260925 to ensure your application form has been received.
How we will notify you
We will notify you of the outcome of your application for a secondary school place on the national offer date of 1 March 2021.
- If you applied online you will receive an automatic email informing you to log into your account to download your offer letter and information on what you as a parent need to do next. You can also log into your account to see the school offer beforehand
- If you applied on a paper copy you will receive a letter in the post
- Telephone: Dawn Skyrme 01432 260925
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org