What is the local offer?

Herefordshire Council's local offer is a place for families to find out about the support, services and information available for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).

The local offer includes information about:

  • Education, health and social care services from birth to 25 years of age
  • Eligibility criteria to access specialist support services
  • The support arrangements available to help you access the services you need
  • Leisure activities and support groups
  • How to make a complaint

Herefordshire's local offer is continuously being developed in consultation with young people and their families, with workshops and consultation events to ensure the right information is available, in the right format, at the right time. You can see recent feedback on the local offer feedback page.

To find out more about understanding and accessing the local offer, please read the Council for Disabled Children's local offer guide.

If you'd like to share your views about the local offer in Herefordshire, please email localoffer@herefordshire.gov.uk

What if I don't have access to the internet?

We understand that some people who need this information may not be able to access it using the internet for a variety of reasons. The information is in addition to the way services have always communicated.

Providing information digitally is the most effective way for us to make it available and keep it up to date. It does not mean that you cannot access helpful information if you do not have a computer or access to the internet.

Once you contact a service it is highly likely that a member of staff will contact you to discuss your situation and your child's needs. Do let them know that you are not able to use the internet. Tell them the best way to give you information.

Many services offer drop in sessions or offer phone advice lines where you can speak with professionals about your situation.

We regularly send information to schools, health settings and the parent carer forum - PCV Herefordshire. We ask them to share and display information so staff, parents and carers can see it.

You can ask service providers working with you, your family or child or young person to help you find or print information.

Where can I use free public computers with internet access?

If you do not have access to a computer, you may be able to ask someone who does to print the information you need. This can be done from any computer with a printer.

There are computers available in various locations in Herefordshire for public use:

What if I can't find what I'm looking for on the local offer?

You can email localoffer@herefordshire.gov.uk with a brief outline of what you are trying to find. We will do our best to find the information and send you the relevant links on our website. If you would rather we contact you by telephone, please include your phone number in your email.