Archive collections and search
We hold approximately 8,000 archive collections, occupying over two miles of shelving. Our archives date back to the twelfth century, and can help you research almost any aspect of Herefordshire's past.
Access to the records we hold is granted in compliance with the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act and the Environmental Information Regulations.
Locate an item in the collections
Our online catalogue includes descriptions of over 3,000 separate collections. This is not a complete guide to the holdings yet and our volunteers are helping us to convert paper catalogues into a format that can be uploaded to the main searchable resource. In the meantime, we recommend that you consult both the catalogue and the index to get the best out of your search. There are separate indexes to our local history library, wills collection and Herefordshire prisoner records.
- Herefordshire Archive Service online catalogue
- Herefordshire Archive Service index
- Local history library catalogue
- Wills index
- Herefordshire prison register index 1849 - 1915
- First World War - war graves, war memorials and names of the fallen
There may be restricted access to certain records that we hold. Please contact us to check that what you would like to see is available:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)1432 260750
- Address: Herefordshire Archive and Records Centre, Fir Tree Lane, Rotherwas, Hereford HR2 6LA