Reader tickets

To use any of the facilities at the Herefordshire Archive and Records Centre you will need to have a CARN reader ticket which is free of charge.

This is issued at HARC - we just need a proof of identity, which must include your name and current address (such as a driving licence, utility bill or official letter).

This ticket is valid for four years and may be used at any other offices in the CARN scheme throughout England and Wales.

If your ticket has expired we will be happy to issue you with a new one. You will still need to provide proof of identity, as above, as unfortunately the old ticket is not sufficient for this.

We issue CARN tickets to people under the age of 18, but they must be accompanied on their first visit by an adult who can vouch for them. The accompanying adult should also bring the required identification for the young person.