What is Stop the drop?
Stop the Drop is Herefordshire Council's anti-litter campaign that aims to educate the public to take more responsibility for their waste by not dropping litter and encouraging volunteers to participate in community litter picks.
The campaign was launched in January 2016 following concerns about the amount of litter in Herefordshire and the impact this could have on visitor numbers and the reputation of the county as well as the impact on wildlife and the environment.
The campaign involves:
- Raising awareness of the impact of litter by delivering talks in schools and colleges, and organising competitions, such as designing posters, animations and raps
- Providing support and information to facilitate the organisation of litter picks
- Supplying and loaning of litter packs to community groups
- Joint working with key stakeholders
- Encouraging local community groups, businesses and schools to sign the Stop the drop litter pledge
- Encouraging participation in national events such as the Great British Spring Clean
For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01432 383262.