Financial help to heat your home
Remember to check you are receiving any payments you may be eligible for to help with making your home more energy efficient, improving your heating or with reducing your bills. Use the links below to find out more.
- Find out if you could get help insulating or making other improvements to your home to reduce your heating bills. Visit our home energy page for more information on fuel poverty and the Keep Herefordshire Warm Scheme.
- Use the Government's energy-grants calculator to find out what you might be eligible for.
- Cold weather payment - This may be available if you are receiving certain benefits. Payments are made when your local temperature is either recorded as, or forecast to be, an average of zero degrees Celsius or below, over seven consecutive days.
- Winter Fuel Payment - This is a tax-free benefit to help pay for heating during winter. You could be eligible if you have reached the qualifying age and you normally live in Great Britain. For winter 2017/18 people born on or before 5 August 1953 will have reached the qualifying age.
- Warm Home Discount Scheme - This is a government scheme aimed at helping the UK's most vulnerable customers with their electricity bills. The scheme is funded by energy suppliers. Use the link to find out more about the suppliers taking part and whether you are eligible.
- Help from your energy supplier - See if you can claim help for energy-saving improvements to your home if you're on certain benefits
- If you need help with any of the above please call Keep Herefordshire Warm