Herefordshire Council do not own or manage any homes in the county. All affordable housing is owned and managed by housing associations.
The main housing associations which own stock in Herefordshire are:
- Bromford Housing Group
- Fortis Living Housing Association previously Festival Housing
- The Guinness Partnership: Affordable Housing Association
- Herefordshire Housing Limited
- Sanctuary Housing
- Shropshire Housing Group
- Stonewater previously Marches Housing Association
- Two Rivers Housing
- Kemble, part of the WM Housing Group
If you would like to apply to register for housing in Herefordshire, visit the Home Point website.
Home Point Herefordshire
Home Point Herefordshire is a choice-based lettings agency that was set up in partnership between Herefordshire Council and the main housing associations in Herefordshire. Home Point is the central register for people in need of affordable rented homes in the county. You can find more information on finding a home, housing options and how it works on the Home Point website. All applicants must complete a housing options assessment as the first step to getting advice and assistance with finding accommodation. The assessment will provide you with options that might be suitable for you as an alternative to affordable housing, which is in short supply within the county.
Five steps to finding an affordable home
- Visit the Home Point website
- Complete the housing options assessment
- Follow up the action plan suggested by housing options assessment
- If eligible, provide evidence and make an application to register on the affordable housing register
- Once registered, bid for available rented housing
If the assessment shows you are eligible you will be asked to complete a full application on the Home Point site and asked to supply evidence to support your application. Once your application has been accepted and you are registered, you will be able to apply for affordable rented housing on the register.