Report a flood

If you or your neighbours are in immediate danger dial 999.

Report it

Use the contact numbers below to direct your report to the appropriate agency to deal with it.

  • Flooding on a road - call us on 01432 261800.
  • Flooding from a sewer or fresh water pipe - call Welsh Water: on 0800 085 3968 (24-hour service) or Severn Trent Water on 0800 783 4444 (24-hour service).
  • River or groundwater flooding - call the Environment Agency Floodline on 0345 988 1188 (24-hour service)
  • Flooding from an ordinary watercourse (such as a stream, drain, ditch or brook) - call us on 01432 261800. Any information you give us may be shared with other organisations to help prevent and improve our response to flooding in the county.
  • Electrical hazard or power cut - contact your local electricity company or call 105 (calls are free)
  • Gas leak - call National Grid on 0800 111 999 (calls are free)

Call Floodline on 0345 988 1188 for specific advice on how to protect yourself and your property from flooding, or dealing with its after effects.

Live flood risk information

What to do during flooding if you have time

  • Follow your personal flood plan. The Environment Agency has a template you can download (PDF)
  • Put in place as soon as you can, sandbags and any flood protection products you have, like flood boards, airbrick covers, barriers or bungs to downstairs toilets. The National Flood Forum lists some of the products available.
  • Switch off gas and electricity, if you know how to do this and it is safe
  • For the latest information, tune in to a local radio station such as BBC Hereford & Worcester (94.7/104/104.6 FM/738AM) or Free Radio (96.7/97.6/102.8 FM) on a battery or wind-up radio
  • Move important and sentimental items to where water cannot reach them
  • If you can safely leave your property, go and stay with friends or family who are not at risk of flooding